Can I save my collections to a PC/Mac?
A "game collection" is a file that contains one or several chess games. The file name ends with ".pgn", which means "Portable Game Notation". PGN files are standard, and can be used by most chess apps or programs.
Our chess app saves games in standard PGN files.
Here is how you can save your games collections to your computer:
1. Connect your device to your computer with a cable.
2. If iTunes is not already launched, open it now.
3. In iTunes, go to your device's page:
4. Click on "Apps", as shown above. Now in the center you can see a list of all your apps. Below this list, there is a section called "File sharing". You may have to scroll down to see it.
5. In the apps list under "File sharing", you will find Chess Pro. Click on it.
6. Now on the right side you can see the app's files, as shown above. These files are inside your iOS device. The encircled file "My games.pgn" is the default games collection, but you may have more.
7. To save your games collections from your device to your computer, drag ALL the files ending in ".pgn" from iTunes to your computer's desktop (or to any folder). This creates a copy of the files on your computer: the content of the app is unchanged. You don't need to, and actually shouldn't, copy the other files. Copy only the files ending in ".pgn".
8. You can then disconnect your device from your computer.