Can I import a collection from a PC/Mac?
A "game collection" is a file that contains one or several chess games. The file name ends with ".pgn", which means "Portable Game Notation". PGN files are standard, and can be used by most chess apps or programs.
Our chess app saves games in standard PGN files.
Here is how you can transfer games collections to your iOS device:
1. Connect your device to your computer with a cable.
2. If iTunes is not already launched, open it now.
3. In iTunes, go to your device's page:
4. Click on "Apps", as shown above. Now in the center you can see a list of all your apps. Below this list, there is a section called "File sharing". You may have to scroll down to see it.
5. In the apps list under "File sharing", you will find Chess Pro. Click on it.
6. Now on the right side you can see the app's files, as shown above. These files are inside your iOS device.
7. To copy a game collection from your computer to your device, drag a ".pgn" file from your computer's desktop (or any folder) to the "Document" frame in iTunes. The file will immediately be copied to your iOS device. Repeat if you have several collections to copy.
8. You can disconnect your device from your computer without synchronizing: the files are copied when you drag and drop them, no need to take any additional action.
Now in our chess app use:
Game > Load or import game > Load a saved gameYou should be able to see your new collections in the list and to to access their content.